As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Dunkin’ offered avocado toast on its menu. To make Dunkin’ style avocado toast at home, you can follow these general steps. Please note that the exact ingredients and preparation methods may vary based on Dunkin’s offerings and any updates to their menu since my last knowledge update. Here’s a basic recipe for avocado toast:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 slices of your preferred bread (e.g., whole wheat, multigrain)
- 1 small tomato, sliced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional, for a spicy kick)
- Olive oil (optional, for drizzling)
- Toast the Bread:
- Toast the slices of bread in a toaster or oven until they are golden brown.
- Prepare the Avocado:
- Cut the ripe avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl.
- Mash the Avocado:
- Use a fork to mash the avocado until it reaches your desired consistency. Some people prefer it chunky, while others like it smooth.
- Season the Avocado:
- Add salt and pepper to taste to the mashed avocado. If you like it spicy, you can also add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Assemble the Avocado Toast:
- Spread the mashed avocado evenly on each slice of toasted bread.
- Add Tomato (Optional):
- If you like, top the avocado with slices of fresh tomato for extra flavor and freshness.
- Drizzle with Olive Oil (Optional):
- For an added touch of richness, you can drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the avocado toast.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Your Dunkin’ style avocado toast is ready to enjoy. Serve it immediately while the toast is still warm.
Remember that Dunkin’ may have its own unique twists or variations on avocado toast. You can customize your homemade avocado toast with additional toppings like sliced radishes, arugula, poached eggs, or a sprinkle of feta cheese to suit your preferences. Enjoy your homemade avocado toast as a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack!